Now that it’s finally getting warmer it’s time for cool lemonades again. However, I don’t want to have to rely on sugary drinks to keep myself hydrated. That’s why I make my own iced tea. It’s sugar free, it’s healthy and it tastes soooo good! 🙂
Before I show you HOW I make it , I’ll tell you WHY I drink it.
Black tea has antioxidants in it which help control free radicals and protect against DNA damage. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties, which helps with the appearance of your skin as well as with your digestion. There is also some caffeine in black tea. Though there is not as much as in coffee, it still makes you more alert.
Another ingredient in my tea is lemon, which can help with weight loss, digestion and skin health as well.
Aren’t these good reasons for drinking this tea?;) Now on to making it!
What you will need:
- Good quality Black Tea (you can also use Green or White Tea)
- 1 Lemon
- Sweetener (or sugar)
- optional: Fruit (Strawberries, Raspberries, etc.)
How to make it:
- Brew some tea! I have tried this recipe with green tea as well, I prefer black tea for its flavor. Add some sweetener (or sugar if you don’t mind the calories) while it’s still hot. Make sure to make it nice and strong, as you will be adding some water (or ice cubes) to it later. However, don’t leave in the tea for too long because it will get bitter if you do so.
- Use one whole lemon for 1 liter of ice tea . Squeeze in the juice of the lemon into a jug and also add in the zest! This gives even more lemon flavor.
- Fill up the jug with the still warm tea and add just a little bit of cold water to make sure the jug is filled up (or add in your ice cubes if you want to enjoy your ice tea straight away).
- Sometimes I like to add in some fruit, like sliced strawberries or peaches. This gives some extra fruity flavor to the ice tea and makes it even more delicious.
- Now you can either add some ice cubes to chill down your tea or put it into the fridge until it’s cold. Aaaaand you’re done!
I hope you try out this incredible refreshing summer drink! Make sure to let me know if you liked this homemade ice tea if you try to make it:)